How to make Barnyard Millet Dosa:
Barnyard Millet contains high iron, calcium and Fiber. It is good for all. This Barnyard millet dosa is crispy, tasty and healthy. Barnyard millet is healthier than Rice and Wheat. All millets are gluten free. Millets are gives more immunity to our body. We should take millet foods daily in our diet. This barnyard dosa is very different one. kuthiraivali dosai is easy breakfast recipe. You too try this. Eat healthy and stay healthy.
Cooking is my favorite activity because it is a way for me to reduce stress and boredom. In the Kitchen I can use a variety of ingredients that also add colors and flavors, finally make the dish look as good as they taste. I strictly follow healthy eating habits in my home. I focus only healthy foods and healthy eating habits in my blog.
What is meant by Healthy Food?
Healthy food refers to food that contains the right amount of nutrients to keep our body and mind fit. So we need healthy food to keep ourselves healthy and fit.
Why is Junk Food harmful?
Junk food is very harmful and unhealthy to our bodies. It contains high amount of sugar salt, fat, oil, artificial color and flavors. Junk food invites all the diseases.
What is meant by Healthy Eating Habits?
Healthy eating gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your healthy Mind, body and soul. These nutrients include Calcium, fiber, fat, protein, carbohydrate, water, Vitamin and Minerals. Healthy eating habit only helps to improve your metabolism. Metabolism is an energy that is used to burn fat or calories you take every day.
We must encourage good and healthy eating habits only, So that our future generations will be healthy, happy and fit. Most importantly we should teach kids from an early age at the harmful effects of junk foods. In our life Health is the most important thing.
What is Millet?
Millets are small seeds, cereal grain and oldest cultivated grains in the World. Millets are antioxidant Property. It is gluten free grain. Millets are safe when consume it in moderate amount.
What are all the Benefits of Millet?
- Millet is good for Heart patients. Its helps to reduce Triglyceride levels.
- Millet helps in weight loss
- It reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- It decreased high blood pressure.
- prevents cardiac diseases and celiac diseases.
- controls blood sugar level.
- supports healthy kidney.
- It improves digestion
How Millet is Healthy?
Millet is Rich in Niacin, which is important for healthy skin and organ function. Millets are good sources of nutrition, carbohydrates, Protein, amino acids and fiber.
- Barnyard millet 1 Cup
- Urad dal ¼ Cup
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as needed
Instructions for make Barnyard Millet Dosa:
1.Firstly, take 1 cup of barnyard millet. Rinse for a couple of times and soak it in water for 3Hrs. Keep aside.
2.Secondly, take 1/4 cup of urad dal. Rinse for a Couple of times and soak it in water for 3 hrs. So Soak both in Separately.
3.Thirdly, grind well Urad dal first in Mixie or Grinder. Then Add barnyard millet for grind. Batter consistency should be like normal dosa batter.
4. Transfer the Batter into Bowl. Then Mix both the batters very well. Add salt as needed.
5. Cover the batter bowl with a lid and let it ferment overnight or 6-8 hrs or depending on the temperature conditions in your city.
6.After fermentation mix it well and then proceed to put Dosai.
7. Heat a tawa, grease it with little oil. Take the batter/ dough and put it on the tawa on medium flame. Spread it over. Add little bit of gingelly oil . Cook both sides till it become brown and crispy.
8. You can serve this hot Dosai with Red Chilli Chutney or Coconut Chutney.