How to make Barnyard Millet Dosa:
Barnyard Millet contains high iron, calcium and Fiber. It is good for all. This Barnyard millet dosa is crispy, tasty and healthy. Barnyard millet is healthier than Rice and Wheat. All millets are gluten free. Millets are gives more immunity to our body. We should take millet foods daily in our diet. This barnyard dosa is very different one. kuthiraivali dosai is easy breakfast recipe. You too try this. Eat healthy and stay healthy.
- Barnyard millet 1 Cup
- Urad dal ¼ Cup
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as needed
Instructions for make Barnyard Millet Dosa:
- Firstly, take 1 cup of barnyard millet. Rinse for a couple of times and soak it in water for 3Hrs.Keep aside.
- Secondly, take 1/4 cup of urad dal. Rinse for a Couple of times and soak it in water for 3 hrs. So Soak both in Separately.
- Thirdly, grind well Urad dal first in Mixie or Grinder. Then Add barnyard millet for grind. Batter consistency should be like normal dosa batter.
- Mix both the batters very well. Add salt as needed.
- Cover the batter bowl with a lid and let it ferment overnight or 6-8 hrs or depending on the temperature conditions in your city.
- After fermentation mix it well and then proceed to put Dosai.
- Heat a tawa, grease it with little oil. Take the batter/ dough and put it on the tawa on medium flame. Spread it over. Add little bit of gingelly oil . Cook both sides till it become brown and crispy.
- You can serve this hot Dosai with Red Chilli Chutney or Coconut Chutney.