Chikoo Kesari :
Usually We have had fruit Kesari in South Indian Wedding..But This chikoo kesari is Different and Delicious Sweet to Eat.. There is no colour and preservatives added by me and I have also used less ghee and sugar than what is commonly added to kesari. The fruit do contribute their own sweetness to the kesari.
Benefits of Chikoo Fruit:
- Good for the Eyes.
- Sources of Energy.
- Prevention of Certain cancers.
- Strengthens the Bones.
- Rich in Vitamin A & C.
- Nourishes Hair & Skin.
Ingredients for Chikoo Kesari:
- Ripped chikoo / Sapota (peeled and Deseeded)-2/3 nos
- Roasted Rava/ Semolina -1 Cup
- Brown sugar-3/4-1 Cup
- Water-2 Cup
- Cardamom Powder-1/2 Teaspoon
- Cashew nuts (chopped )-as needed
- Raisins—as needed
- Ghee-4-6 Tablespoon
Instructions for Chikoo Kesari:
- First Add Chikoo to a blender and blend to form a Smooth paste (add little water only)
- Heat 3 Teaspoon of Ghee in a pan and roast the Rava for 2 minutes on a medium flame. If you have Roasted Rava means, Skip this..
- Then add 2 glasses of water in a pan. Once its boiling add 2 tsp of cooking oil or ghee..I used 1 tsp of groundnut oil and 1 tsp of ghee. This is optional only. If you add like this , kesari won’t turn into more sticky or greasy..
- Now slowly add the roasted Rava, Stirring Well without lumps…Cover and cook it for 5 minutes on a medium Flame.
- Once its boiled completely, Add chikoo Puree (1 Cup), stir it 2 minutes
- Finally add brown sugar, remaining 3 Tablespoon of ghee and Cardamom Powder stir continuously..
- Then Garnish with the Fried Cashew nuts, Raisins..
- Healthy and Tasty sweet/Dessert is ready to Serve.
I never Use Refined Oil,Refined Sugar , Artificial Colours and Flavors in my Recipes. Also i never use Aluminium and Non Stick Utensils and Oven in My Cooking.