Dal Makhani is one of the most popular lentil recipes from North Indian Punjabi Cuisine made with Whole Black Gram and Kidney Beans. For this recipe, I have used a Pressure Cooker and Roasted and Broken black gram dal. It is helps to make the recipe very easy and fast. Am going to make Dal makhani in a different way Here.
Cooking is my favorite activity because it is a way for me to reduce stress and boredom. In the Kitchen I can use a variety of ingredients that also add colors and flavors, finally make the dish look as good as they taste. I strictly follow healthy eating habits in my home. I focus only healthy foods and healthy eating habits in my blog.
What is meant by Healthy Food?
Healthy food refers to food that contains the right amount of nutrients to keep our body and mind fit. So we need healthy food to keep ourselves healthy and fit.
What are the benefits of Healthy Food?
Healthy foods have numerous benefits. It keeps our mind, body and Soul healthy. Healthy food is much cheaper than junk food. You will be saving a great amount when you should consume only healthy food. Moreover, it keeps away diseases like diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, obesity, heart diseases and many more.
Why is Junk Food harmful?
Junk food is very harmful and unhealthy to our bodies. It contains high amount of sugar salt, fat, oil, artificial color and flavors. Junk food invites all the diseases.
What is meant by Healthy Eating Habits?
Healthy eating gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your healthy Mind, body and soul. These nutrients include Calcium, fiber, fat, protein, carbohydrate, water, Vitamin and Minerals. Healthy eating habit only helps to improve your metabolism. Metabolism is an energy that is used to burn fat or calories you take every day.
We must encourage good and healthy eating habits only, So that our future generations will be healthy, happy and fit. Most importantly we should teach kids from an early age at the harmful effects of junk foods. In our life Health is the most important thing.
- Roasted and Broken Black Gram dal/Black Urad Dal-100g
- Finely Chopped Big Onion-2 Nos
- Fiinely Chopped Tomato-2 Nos
- Red Chilli powder-2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder-2 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala-1/2 to 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger& Garlic Paste-1 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Cardamom, Cinnamon Stick, Cloves and Bay Leaves-Each 2 nos
- Fennel seeds-1/2 Teaspoon
- Ghee/Butter-2 Tablespoon
- Fresh cream—1 or 2 Tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves for Garnish
- Salt As needed
- Firstly, Roast Whole or Spilit Black gram dal on a medium flame for 15 minutes and Broken it by Mixie, but not powder. You can prepare this and keep it in a container for minimum 6 months. I used to follow this method for Dal Makhani.
- Secondly, Soak Broken Black gram for Mini.4 Hours. Keep aside.
- Next, Take a Pressure Cooker Pan. Add 2 Tablespoon of oil or Butter, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Bay leaves and Fennel Seeds.
- After that add chopped onion, Tomato and Ginger garlic paste. But I didn’t add ginger& garlic paste here. Roast all well. If needed, add one tablespoon of Oil.
- Thirdly Add, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Blend well.
- Finally add soaked black gram dal in it and one glass of water (300ml). Close the lid, Put weight and wait for Minimum 8 Whistles.
- Once whistles over, Mix Ghee and Fresh Cream. Garnish with Coriander leaves. You can serve this with Chappathi, Roti, Phulka and Poori.
- I used roasted and Broken Black gram here. So Mini.4 Hrs it must be soaked. If you use whole balck gram, it ll soak mini.8 hrs or overnight.
- You can also use Rajma instead of Black Gram. But Rajma must be soaked overnight and cooked it in pressure cooker well.
- You can also mix tomato puree instead of chopped tomatoes.
- If you don’t have fresh cream or ginger garlic paste, skip it.
- I never use Refined Products like salt, sugar, oil, Maida, artificial colors and flavors in my Recipes. I also dont use Aluminium and Non stick utensils and Oven in my Cooking.