Mudakathan Keerai/ Ballon Vine Dosai:
Mudakathan Keerai Dosai is very tasty and good for health. This is one of the best greens for joint pain, Swelling in the joint and is effective for rheumatoid arthritis. This Keerai is widely used for treating rheumatism and stiffness of limbs, cough and cold. Balloon vine is often used to improve energy level and reduce general weakness. You can take this mudakathan keerai is also a soup.
- Parboiled or idli rice-1 cups to 2 Cups
- Mudakathan Keerai—1 Cup
- Fenugreek Seeds-1 Teaspoon
- Salt as needed
- Oil as required
- Firstly, Take Idli rice or parboiled rice and Fenugreek seeds, Rinse for a couple of times and soak it all for 4 hrs. Keep aside.
- Secondly, in another bowl take Mudakathan Keerai, Rinse for a couple of times. Keep aside.
3. After 4 hrs first grind Mudakathan Keerai separately in Grinder or Mixie, then grind Rice till you get a smooth batter. Add water in parts while grinding. So overall I used one cup (500ml) water. The batter consistency must be regular Dosa batter.
4. Mix both the batters very well. Add salt as needed.
5. Cover the batter bowl with a lid and let it ferment overnight or 6-8 hrs or depending on the temperature conditions in your city.
6. After fermentation mix it well and then proceed to put Dosai.
7. Heat a tawa, grease it with little oil. Take the batter/ dough and put it on the tawa on medium flame. Spread it over. Add little bit of gingelly oil . Close it with a lid. You don’t need to turn another side. If you want turn it. Cook both sides till it become brown and crispy.
8. You can serve this hot Dosai with Red Chilli Chutney or Coconut Chutney.
I never use Refined Products Like Salt, Sugar And Oil. Also I don’t Use Maida, Artificial Colour and Flavours for my Recipes. I Never use Aluminium Utensils and Non Stick and Oven in My Cooking.