Little Millet and Horse Gram Pongal:
Little Millet is called Samai in Tamil. It contains more Fiber and Iron. It is easily digestible. You can make this pongal in just 15 minutes. It is good for all especially for Sugar patients. Horsegram helps to weight loss. It give more power/ energy to us. The taste and aroma of this Little Millet Pongal is excellent one. We should add milletes in our daily food. Millets are Gluten Free, High nutrients and Fiber. Millets are helps to improve our immunity naturally.
- Little Millet/ Samai-1 Cup
- Horsegram -1/4 Cup
- Green Chilli -1-2 nos
- Jeera-1/2 Tsp
- Pepper Powder-1/2 Tsp
- Water-3 Cups
- Ginger-Small Piece
- Salt As needed
- Ghee-3-5 Tsp
Instructions for Little Millet Pongal:
1.Firstly, Take 1 cup of Little Millet. Rinse for a couple of times and soak it in Water for 1-2 Hrs. Keep aside.
2.Secondly, take 1/4 cup of Horse Gram. Roast it in kadai/pan without oil on low flame till golden brown colour. You can feel that nice smell. Next Soak it 1-2 hrs. After 2 hrs, Boiled it in cooker. Keep aside.
3. Thirdly Take Pressure Cooker, add Oil. Add Green Chillies, Ginger and Jeera , Fry it.
4. Next, You have to Add water and salt. Once, water was Boiled, Add Soaked Little Millet and Boiled Horse Grams.
5.Close the cooker lid, Give 3-4 whistles on Medium flame.
6.Finally Add Ghee, Curry leaves, Pepper powder and roasted Cashew nuts.
- I make this Pongal in Bronze Vessel. Because, it is more healthy. If you make this pongal in Cooker, you have to add 1:3 Cup of water. It means for 1 cup of little Millet, You have to add 3 Cups of Water.
- Don’t put soaked Lille Millet and horse Gram directly into cooker. You must boil Horse gram separately. If you put both directly means Horse Gram don’t boil/cook.
- I never use Refined Products Like Salt, Sugar And Oil. Also I don’t Use Maida, Artificial Colour and Flavours for my Recipes. I Never use Aluminium Utensils and Non Stick and Oven in My Cooking.