Little Millet and Horse Gram Pongal:
Little Millet is called Samai in Tamil. It contains more Fiber and Iron. It is easily digestible. You can make this pongal in just 15 minutes. It is good for all especially for Sugar patients. Horsegram helps to weight loss. It give more power/ energy to us. The taste and aroma of this Little Millet Pongal is excellent one. We should add millet in our daily food. Millet are Gluten Free, High nutrients and Fiber. Millet are helps to improve our immunity naturally.
Cooking is my favorite activity because it is a way for me to reduce stress and boredom. In the Kitchen I can use a variety of ingredients that also add colors and flavors, finally make the dish look as good as they taste. I strictly follow healthy eating habits in my home. I focus only healthy foods and healthy eating habits in my blog.
What is meant by Healthy Food?
Healthy food refers to food that contains the right amount of nutrients to keep our body and mind fit. So we need healthy food to keep ourselves healthy and fit.
Why is Junk Food harmful?
Junk food is very harmful and unhealthy to our bodies. It contains high amount of sugar salt, fat, oil, artificial color and flavors. Junk food invites all the diseases.
What is meant by Healthy Eating Habits?
Healthy eating gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your healthy Mind, body and soul. These nutrients include Calcium, fiber, fat, protein, carbohydrate, water, Vitamin and Minerals. Healthy eating habit only helps to improve your metabolism. Metabolism is an energy that is used to burn fat or calories you take every day.
We must encourage good and healthy eating habits only, So that our future generations will be healthy, happy and fit. Most importantly we should teach kids from an early age at the harmful effects of junk foods. In our life Health is the most important thing.
What is Millet?
Millets are small seeds, cereal grain and oldest cultivated grains in the World. Millets are antioxidant Property. It is gluten free grain. Millets are safe when consume it in moderate amount.
What are all the Benefits of Millet?
- Millet is good for Heart patients. Its helps to reduce Triglyceride levels.
- Millet helps in weight loss
- It reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- It decreased high blood pressure.
- prevents cardiac diseases and celiac diseases.
- controls blood sugar level.
- supports healthy kidney.
- It improves digestion
How Millet is Healthy?
Millet is Rich in Niacin, which is important for healthy skin and organ function. Millets are good sources of nutrition, carbohydrates, Protein, amino acids and fiber.
- Little Millet/ Samai-1 Cup
- Horsegram -1/4 Cup
- Green Chilli -1-2 nos
- Jeera-1/2 Tsp
- Pepper Powder-1/2 Tsp
- Water-3 Cups
- Ginger-Small Piece
- Salt As needed
- Ghee-3-5 Tsp
Instructions for Little Millet Pongal:
1.Firstly, Take 1 cup of Little Millet. Rinse for a couple of times and soak it in Water for 1-2 Hrs. Keep aside.
2.Secondly, take 1/4 cup of Horse Gram. Roast it in kadai/pan without oil on low flame till golden brown colour. You can feel that nice smell. Next Soak it 1-2 hrs. After 2 hrs, Boiled it in cooker. Keep aside.
3. Thirdly Take Pressure Cooker, add Oil. Add Green Chillies, Ginger and Jeera , Fry it.
4. Next, You have to Add water and salt. Once, water was Boiled, Add Soaked Little Millet and Boiled Horse Grams.
5.Close the cooker lid, Give 3-4 whistles on Medium flame.
6.Finally Add Ghee, Curry leaves, Pepper powder and roasted Cashew nuts.
- I make this Pongal in Bronze Vessel. Because, it is more healthy. If you make this pongal in Cooker, you have to add 1:3 Cup of water. It means for 1 cup of little Millet, You have to add 3 Cups of Water.
- Don’t put soaked Lille Millet and horse Gram directly into cooker. You must boil Horse gram separately. If you put both directly means Horse Gram don’t boil/cook.
- I never use Refined Products Like Salt, Sugar And Oil. Also I don’t Use Maida, Artificial Colour and Flavours for my Recipes. I Never use Aluminium Utensils and Non Stick and Oven in My Cooking.