Sweet Kozhukkatai is a traditional food in south India. We used to do that for vinayagar chathurthi or ganesh chathurthi festival. we can do karam kozhukkatai and sweet. This is easy to digest. Because it is steaming only. Inside kozhukkattai we stuff pooranam. you can make this easily with less ingredients. You can also make this sweet quickly. Kids definitely love this lot. Sweet Kozhukkattai is healthy one . Everyone likes sweet, but this is very tasty and healthy one.
In My Blog, I focus only Healthy Recipes. I never Use Refined Products like maida, oil, sugar, salt etc in my recipes. most importantly i never use non stick and aluminium utensils in my cooking. In additionally, i don’t use artificial colours and flavours in my recipes.
What is meant by Healthy Food?
Healthy food refers to food that contains the right amount of nutrients to keep our body and mind fit. So we need healthy food to keep ourselves healthy and fit.
What are the benefits of Healthy Food?
Healthy foods have numerous benefits. It keeps our mind, body and Soul healthy. Healthy food is much cheaper than junk food. You will be saving a great amount when you should consume only healthy food.
Moreover, it keeps away diseases like diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, obesity, heart diseases and many more.
Why is Junk Food harmful?
Junk food is very harmful and unhealthy to our bodies. It contains high amount of sugar salt, fat, oil, artificial color and flavors. Junk food invites all the diseases.
What is meant by Healthy Eating Habits?
Healthy eating gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your healthy Mind, body and soul. These nutrients include Calcium, fiber, fat, protein, carbohydrate, water, Vitamin and Minerals. Healthy eating habit only helps to improve your metabolism. Metabolism is an energy that is used to burn fat or calories you take every day.
We must encourage good and healthy eating habits only, So that our future generations will be healthy, happy and fit. Most importantly we should teach kids from an early age at the harmful effects of junk foods. In our life Health is the most important thing.
Ingredients for Sweet Kozhukkattai :
- Rice flour- 100 Cup
- Jaggery- 100 g
- Grated coconut-1 cup
- Salt as needed
Instructions for Sweet kozhukkattai:
- Firstly mix rice flour with hot water. Make dough soft by sprinkling water little by little. Add salt.
- Secondly make sweet poornam, it is going to stuff inside kozhukkattai. Add 100 ml of water in a pan, next add jaggery on medium flame. Once jaggery was completely melted, add grated coconut. Wait for few minutes. Then switch off the gas stove. Keep it to cool. Now sweet pooranam is ready to stuff.
- Thirdly make rice flour dough is base for kozhukkattai using your palm.
- Next make sweet pooranam into small balls. Keep inside it.
- Am going to steam it in idli cooker. So place all the kozhukkattai in Idli plates.
- Before placing the idli stand or plates, add 3-4 cups of water in steamer or idli cooker. Bring this water to boil. Then place the idli stand or plates in hot water.
- Finally, steam kozhukkattai for 5-8 minutes on medium flame.
- That’s All. Kozhukkattai is ready to serve.